Friday seems to be the day my Google Reader Feed is busting with blogs sharing other cool sites. I like it. I like the introductions to other lives, other views. At work I’ve started hooking the kids (maa maa), aka college students, up with interesting tidbits I think they’ll like via my work Facebook and Twitter feeds, so it isn’t all,
“Get your butt in here, before you a.) DQ your own a*se out of here or b.) study and worry so much you can’t think straight.”
(Yeah, I’m so not mean like that. It is more, “Tomorrow is the last day to drop a class before that B/C/D/F or W will stay on your transcript for ever and evah and evvvaaaah. Please stop by and talk to me before you make any rash decisions.” )
So, occasionally I share cool sciencey links, revealing my inner science geek and bonding with them over science. Why not here? Okay, maybe not all science all the time, but a few links I’m lovin’ this week and hope you’ll share the blog love. I do have an agenda:
1. A local AZ blog. While blogs give me insights in lives all over the world, I must admit I’m intrigued by the places where there appear to be lots of bloggers, especially parenting blogs, and how they seem so connected. I know there must be folks in Tucson and the rest of Arizona blogging. I thought I’d share a few the ones I know and like. If you have suggestions, let me know. Perhaps we can start connecting?
2. An adoption blog post that is hitting where I’m at. Is really making me think about this adoption thing in a new way, or is just plain cool.
3. A blog post from this week that really made me think, or laugh, or coo. Basically miscellaneous blog post. Could be science, politics, cute cuddly stuff like today’s…
I’m not going to promise any regular appearance, maybe try for Thursday. (Yeah, I know it is Friday today, but I was thinking about it yesterday) Oh and my cutesy title: Blight of the Blogs, hmmmm, too negative, Queen of My Blogdom no, too feudalistic and superior. How about some good ol’ blog love. Yeah, that’s it. I here by present this week’s BlogLove. Well, until I can think of something better.
1. The Local (AZ) Blog – My Craft Evolution She crafts, she parents, she buys the same fabric as me, but actually has her crap together enough to produce something with it. The best bit though? Lia is here in Tucson. I have this sneaking suspicion that we should know one another, or perhaps know people in common. Of course, that wouldn’t be difficult in this big little city.
2. Adoption Blog – Statistically Impossible I’m particularly digging this post from I am. Yes, he posted it a month ago, but I just found his blog. This post along with the mama collectively pulled my head out of my nether regions and got me thinking again.
3. Miscellaneous BlogLove – Mila’s Daydreams This is a simple, but oh so clever idea. A Finnish mother explores her vision of her new baby’s dreamworld. Those Scandinavians! They are so good at the simple, elegant idea thing. Personally, there was no way I was thinking this coherently during the fourth tri. Hell, I’m still not thinking that clearly. Check out this earlier photo post and try not coo.
So what do you think? Wanna share some Bloglove too?